Duplicating the benefits of baking in a brick oven, the ceramic bread cloche turns out individual loaves with tender, moist interiors and crispy, evenly golden crusts. The Superstone® unglazed clay interior absorbs heat to ensure even baking on all sides, while the porous surface absorbs moisture to give the crust a crispy bite. Use a Round Banneton to prove your dough.
The Superstone® Stoneware is fired at 2200°F (1200c) so high oven temps are not a problem. Just avoid open flames.
- For oven use only.
- Line with baking paper to prevent sticking.
- Clay will darken with use.
- Can be used in a hot or cold start oven.
- Use mitts when removing hot cloche from the oven.
- Place hot cloche on a trivet or hot pad.
- Avoid rapid changes in temperature.
- 31 cm diam., 18 cm high with lid.
Thank you for shipping so quickly. It arrived on my friends birthday and she's excited to use it.