Duplicating the benefits of baking in a brick oven, the ceramic bread cloche turns out individual loaves with tender, moist interiors and crispy, evenly golden crusts. The Superstone® unglazed clay interior absorbs heat to ensure even baking on all sides, while the porous surface absorbs moisture to give the crust a crispy bite. Use a Round Banneton to prove your dough.
The Superstone® Stoneware is fired at 2200°F (1200c) so high oven temps are not a problem. Just avoid open flames.
- For oven use only.
- Line with baking paper to prevent sticking.
- Clay will darken with use.
- Can be used in a hot or cold start oven.
- Use mitts when removing hot cloche from the oven.
- Place hot cloche on a trivet or hot pad.
- Avoid rapid changes in temperature.
- 31 cm diam., 18 cm high with lid.
I bought the blue LaCloche and have baked fabulous bread had great crust and crumb and just finished a fruit bread ring which looks yummy, baked quickly and tastes great.
Thanks for packing everything so carefully and getting it here so fast.
Thank you for shipping so quickly. It arrived on my friends birthday and she's excited to use it.