Many years of development have gone into the production of the Plastic Proofing baskets from Birnbaum. Each basket has some 80+ "vents", which allows the dough skin to breathe during proofing, for better crust appearance and development. This also aids in easily releasing the dough from the basket, prior to baking.
- The basket coils provide a beautiful shape and décor for a traditional hearth loaf look
- Each rim has delicate grooves enabling flour to stay firmly in place, when flouring the baskets
- This plastic, food graded (HACCP) Proofing Baskets do not have to be lined or heavily floured, and require virtually No Maintenance! They work beautifully, every time!
- They hold the form of your dough until such time it is ready to be put into your oven!
- Dishwasher safe, and can be used to (snap) freeze your dough in a shock freezer
- The plastic baskets also stack extremely efficiently when stored
- Made in Germany
Information from manufacturer, Herbert Birnbaum Website
Plastic proofing baskets guarantee an efficient production process
In order to guarantee first-class product quality, all working tools in a bakery must get cleaned regularly from flour, grease and remaining dough. Our plastic bannetons provide a real benefit: unlike many traditional proofing baskets, you can simply clean them in the dish washer. They become hygienically clean and are immediately ready for use. The result is a clean and efficient production process which saves you a lot of time and offers an increase of hygiene.
Treatment after cleaning/first use
In order to achieve best results, please treat your plastic bannetons before first use and after cleaning like follows:
- In order to create tiny water pearls on the inner surface, spray the inside of a dry basket lightly and evenly with water.
- Afterwards, dust basket with a 50/50 mixture of rye flour and potato starch. Repeat procedure after 5 minutes of application time again, to create a thin and even flour layer.
- After a short drying time, the plastic banneton is again ready to use and you only have to dust it before each use like you are used to.
Did you already know that…?
Nowadays, polypropylene (PP), which was developed in the 1950’s, is the most commonly used plastic material. It is shock- and heat-resistant and very durable. As it is also odourless, skin-friendly and food-safe, the pharmacy sector uses it as well as the food sector. This is why our plastic proofing baskets are also made of PP.
Proofing baskets made of plastic: tested and convincing
In order to guarantee you an optimal product, all proofing baskets from Herbert Birnbaum are subject to strict safety and quality controls. Our proofing baskets made of plastic are tested and certified by TÜV Rheinland: a German product safety company you can trust.
Our plastic proofing baskets are solely intended for fermenting dough.